About Me

Yoga With Style
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bicycling.com: Yoga for Cyclists | Bicycling Magazine

Bicycling.com: Yoga for Cyclists | Bicycling Magazine

Click the above link for a great quick read and a few poses for biking!

My husband loves to road bike - in fact we both love to bike on road and off road and have many memories of long rides together to nowhere in particular (way before kiddies of course!). My hybrid mountain bike has gathered a bit of garage dust these days since my hip injury (and the fact that my youngest child is not ready for a 2 wheeler or long rides and my oldest just got off training wheels! excuses excuses right??!!) So, I long for the days of nice long rides in the dirt (or on the road) - I will definitely incorporate the poses suggested in the latest issue of Bicycling mag so that SOMEDAY SOON we'll get out there again! In the mean time, since my husband is out there a lot, these asanas will definitely get him stretched in no time - Men sometimes get intimidated by even attending a yoga class from the sheer physical limitations of not being so flexible...but in the 20 years I have been doing yoga, I have attended many classes with male students and some with pride/competitive nature left at the door, they do extremely well. We can all, male or female, really step up our ability and growth in our favorite sports if yoga is made a habit - it's perfect injury prevention!

0 comments: