About Me

Yoga With Style
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Woodstock

Had the pleasure of taking a drive to Woodstock, New York this past weekend with the fam.  Woodstock is one of my most favorite towns (brings out the inner Hippie in all of us) and host to so many neat yoga studios (Yoga Monkey Woodstock for one which used to be Namaste in Athens....doing great now!).  I went in and out of all the nice boutiques, marveled at the tie die everything, we had a yummy vegan lunch and sat in the square.  In the square, a few guitarists gathered, randomly broke out in song and my 7 year old, a budding guitarist, was in heaven.  One musician played an amazing version of "Peace Train" - I was reminded of my college days where one of my roommates played Natalie Merchant's version of that song over and over and we loved it.  10,000 Maniacs was terrific.  My daughter's face was an expression of wonder and love.  She so enjoyed being part of the moment and watching her made my heart sing.  It was a great weekend.  Raining here now, but heard a nice fall weekend ahead after the rain clears...so with all rain, the sun comes out again. 

0 comments: