About Me

Yoga With Style
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, September 26, 2010

Attitude

"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure"  - Norman Vincent Peale

This quote is constantly on my mind as I always try to face new things as well as everyday challenges with a positive attitude - basically Good attitude, good results, bad attitude, bad results.  Right? 

In yoga, we have the chance to bring our internal and external attitudes into alignment....such a great thing to help us get through the daily life we each face, good events or bad.  When healing from my hip injury I kept wondering how I would feel when I went back to my practice.  I was scared to feel that pain that had now quieted itself in my hip to a low roar.  While I knew the pain would still be there some days more than others, I wondered if my practice would ever be the same (or better? or would I have to stop all together??!!)  When I get myself into a "what if" mode, my mind is off and running and it simply becomes a mind game and such a waste of energy.  SO, when I finally did return to practice, I waited until those voices of doubt were gone and my mind was focused on getting on with things.  I went to my first vinyasa class with an positive outlook and not having too high expectations (I knew I wasn't doing any crazy poses and I would honor my limitations for the day).  The class was GREAT.  I had faith in my instructor who showed me ways to support my injury with blocks to protect myself and not allow the rest of me to lose the benefits.  Just having this positive outlook made a big difference.  So, really there is no such thing as bad results when you have a positive attitude.  It's how you allow yourself to react or interpret those results affects how you think about them.  We open the door to self improvement and positive outcomes when our hearts are positive.  Words to live by.

We will be offering some guided meditation books, cds, and dvd's in the coming months.  Check out our new meditation section on the site where you'll find all sorts of things to help you in your relaxation practice - enjoy your day!

0 comments: