- Hot Yoga Wear that truly sizzles!
- Earthlife Designs Exclusive to Yoga With Style
- kdeerHAUTEyoga: Santosha
- Some Like It Hot
- 12 Days of Breathing Event Day 1
- YogaDork Survival Guide to Thanksgiving-Black Frid...
- Bikram Yoga - The 26 Pose Yoga in Heat
- How do they Make a Burnout Tees?
- Free Spirit Knits: The List:
- AllieBags are here!
- Check out The Cran-Berry Best
- Alive in the Fire: The Yin to Your Bikram Fire
- And Our November Free Tees For Change Winner is......
- Yoga Gift Baskets
- The 12 Days of Breathing
- Blue Marbles
- Gemstone Beads: The Beauty Of Citrine Gems
- Saving The Beach One Day at a Time (and one mat at...
- Beach Clean Up
- Ten Things Jewelry
- Cleaning out - Aparigraha
- Tees For Change
- The Yoga Lounge
- ▼ November (24)
- Yoga With Style
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
11:45 AM | Posted by Yoga With Style
Bikram Yoga - The 26 Pose Yoga in HeatThank you article author: jennibagus
Bikram Yoga is named after its founder - Bikram Choudhury, who studied Yoga with Bishnu Ghosh, brother of Paramahansa Yogananda. It is a series of 26 poses performed in a room with temperature of 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Each Yoga Pose is usually performed twice and held for a certain period of time. Yoga Sessions start from Standing Postures, then the Backbends, Forward Bends, and Twists. The poses are accompanied by Kapalabhati Breath or the "blowing in firm".
Why practice Yoga in a heated room?
- Heat is used in Bikram and Hot Yoga in order to allow you to go deeper and safer into a Yoga Pose.
- Your body becomes more flexible in the heat and since most poses used in Bikram are physically challenging, heat allows you to get into a pose that you never imagined you can do.
- It also eliminates the risk of injuries, promotes sweating, and helps you release the toxins in your body.
- The Bikram Yoga Poses not only work on your muscles but also on your internal organs.
- Each pose stretches and strengthens your muscles, joints, and ligaments and, at the same time release the toxins and work on your internal organs like the glands and the nervous system.
Reprinted with gratitude from : Bikram Yoga - The 26 Pose Yoga in Heat
Yoga with Style has a great new category just for hot/bikram yoga products such as towels, special mats etc. We will be adding to this category over the coming weeks as there are many new products out there for hot yoga practice - even special moisture wicking clothing for controlling warmth and managing sweat. (I have to say, it's pretty uncomfortable to do a hot yoga session in sweatpants!) So, we will have cute shorts and tanks, headbands, tanks for the guys all to help you look stylish while still controlling moisture!